Tuesday 31 May 2016

The Goodreads Tag.

As someone who reads quite often especially both for university and for fun, I use Goodreads a great deal. I use the website often to store my opinions on books that I have read and to search for any possible future reads. Hence why I have decided to do 'The Goodreads Tag'. 

1. What was the last book you marked as 'read'?


Trumpet by Jackie Kay.
This is one of the novels that I finished most recently however this was one that I was required to read for my university course. Kay's novel tells the story of the death of one of the main characters who is revealed to have been living a lie all of his life(I'm not going to give any spoilers). Now reflecting back, I honestly did enjoy this book and loved exploring the theme of gender within it. 

2. What was the last book you marked as 'to read'?


Boys Of Summer by Jessica Brody
I added this to my 'to read' list as just from looking at the cover it looked like an idea book to read within the summer. Not only does the cover look promising but so does the blurb. 

3. What book do you plan to read next?


Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo

I've been intending to get around to reading this novel ever since it first came out but sadly never got round to it. Hence through rereading the premise I've decided that this certainly will be the book that I read next. 

4. Do you use the star rating?
Once I've finished a book, I always use the star rating upon the website. I find it a nice method for helping fellow readers to decide whether they want to read the book or not. 

5. Are you doing a 2016 reading challenge?
I'm actually not this year as I haven't been expecting to read much as I've been super busy at university however I definitely shall be doing one next year. 

6. Do you have a wishlist?
I don't actually, as I also don't have one on Amazon either. 

7. What book do you plan to buy next?


Caspar Lee by Caspar Lee and Emily Riordan Lee

I'm actually rather excited to get my hands on this book as I absolutely love Caspar so I'm definitely going to purchase this soon.

8. Do you have any favourite quotes, would you like to share a few?

"Gatsby believed in the green light, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then, but that's no matter- tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther...And one fine morning- So we beat on , boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past" - F. Scott Fitzgerald. 

9. Who are your favourite authors?

Here is a short list of some of my favourite authors: F. Scott Fitzgerald, John Green, Cassandra Clare and Abbi Glines. 

10. Have you joined any groups?

I actually haven't joined any groups. 

11. How many shelves do you have on Goodreads?

I only have one shelf on the website. 

-Natalie. 





No comments:

Post a Comment